WHAT ARE FUNDAMENTALS?
The foundation to a great mountain biking journey! This skills clinic is for all levels of riders who wish to learn or refresh the CORE FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS of Mountain Biking, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been riding for or what your previous experience is, newcomer or more advanced. You will master the understanding and use of the fundamental movements on your MTB, giving you a solid foundation, building your confidence and making you comfortable on your bike.
Please note: Fundamentals does not mean ‘easy’ or ‘beginner’. Yes these clinics are a great starting place for beginners but they cover critical foundational skills for riders of all levels and experience. Even if you’ve been riding for 0, 5, 10, or 15 years you’ll have a new understanding of body positioning, how to use your brakes for better control, how to achieve maximum traction, staying smooth over roots and rocks and the foundation to progress to more advanced skills. This clinic will give you a completely different outlook on your riding!
EXAMPLE SKILLS WE WILL COVER IN THIS INTERMEDIATE SESSION:
- Understanding speed, traction and center of balance
- Balance & Body Position for climbing, downhills, rocks, roots, rollers and small drops
- Effective Braking Control
- Getting on and off your bike correctly, yes this is a skill!
- Shifting (for pedaling efficiency and cadence)
- Line choice (riding straight narrow lines & single-track trails)
- Small drops
- Skills Coaching with Professional BICP Certified Instructors
- Come back as many times as you’d like within 3 months and really dial in your skills *
- Discount on PREFERRED SUPPLIERS
- Photos & Videos from the session
- Bike Set up Support
- A whole bunch of FUN
- 50% off your next Level 2 Clinic *
- * (T&C’s Apply)
All fees exclude bike park fees